I came up with a new recipe of my own this week that I’m absolutely in love with. Nothing like the excitement of discovering a new favorite, especially after throwing it together yourself off the top of your head!
- 1 package bowtie pasta (I used Whole Foods’ 365 Organic)
- 1 jar of pasta sauce (I used the organic Seeds of Change Roasted Garlic and Onion 25 oz jar)
- 1 8 oz cake of tempeh (I used the organic LightLife Organic Flax Tempeh)
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts, toasted (I bought in bulk)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions
As the water is boiling (and pasta is cooking):
- Start warming the pasta sauce over low heat in a sauce pan
- Slice the tempeh into 1/8″ thick strips
- Sautee the tempeh until golden brown
- Cut strips in half for pieces about 1 inch long and set aside
- Toast pine nuts
- Once the pasta is fully prepared, top with tempeh, sauce, and pine nuts before serving (I like nutritional yeast on some pasta dishes, but not this one; it was better without)
I recommend trying this recipe as close to the original as you can. It was so good. If you can’t find those ingredients, work from there, and certainly always adapt recipes to your taste, but I can’t guarantee that it will be as tasty if you use different products!
Serve hot with a mixed greens salad or side of whatever veggies float your boat (we went the easy road with steamed frozen organic broccoli).